Thursday 3 December 2009

The Chaff "O" Meter was high last night..............

Ok, so I decided ro run again last night, and headed round Knapp Loch again, only this time I went round twice.  For some reason I decided to wear the G3R tri short as an undergarment, to offer support; the round of applause was much appreciated, but OMG do they cause some serious chaffing in the nether regions! I am sure it has nothing to do with my fat thighs, but I will watch when I wear them again!

The real reason for venturing off road in the middle of the night was really to test my new boats, er I mean trainers, but at size 14 (US) they are more like boats.  Running about in the mud and grass where I am is slippy sometimes so I thought I would go for a new trail shoes (click on the read more for my review).


Let's do the details, the sole is a Vibram sole with lots of tread and very stiff, on rocky sections when my pretzel head torch wasn't letting me see where I was planting my foot I couldn't feel any rocks jagging through the sole like you normally get.  Granted they are a bit stiff but on the trail the traction they give is great and stability in a shoe on terrain like that isn't required.


Whilst it's not a waterproof shoe, the silver stuff at the front repels moisture and that material essentially runs around your entire foot, it did a good job of keeping my feet a lot drier than a normal trainer, and I don't know if this is helped by the inner sock-liner.  It's also very stable with the "Arch-lock" to stop you turning an ankle.

Also, you know when your laces get wet when you run off road and they slap your ankle and you wonder what it is, well they thought of that to by including a pocket on top of the tongue for you to tuck your laces into, although I didn't discover this until I got home...  There's also a clip sewn in for your gators to latch onto, but that ain't for me, perhaps for Stu if he ever gets round to running the West Highland Way!

Anyway if your running off road on mixed terrain of rocks/grass/mud and looking for a new shoe then these may be for you.  I paid £80 @ Run 4 It http://www.run4it.com/ and you may be able to find them even cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment