Wednesday 8 September 2010

Charity

Members, if you consider yourself a member of G3R I want you to do something for me.  We are registered (or are about to be) as a club so that we can run a race or two, but we never charge a membership fee as someone in the club usually pays for the affiliations etc.  This year I am asking you to pay something to be a member of G3R!  I want you to part with some spare bike parts.  They need to be in good working order!  I want to build a bike and give it to someone as a present.  It might be a young kid, they might even be in a foreign country so any ideas welcome.  I am sure you all have spare parts lying around, and I just thought it might be a good way to make use of the junk you are collecting!

Please email me or add a comment with any spare parts you have for a mountain bike, no parts no membership :-).  Thanks in anticipation.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent idea! Assuming that we will do this each year, are we looking for road or MTB parts this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea. I've got tyres and I'm sure I still have some other MTB bits kicking about (if you'd suggested this a year ago you could have had a whole bike!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have a look see what I have knocking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, MTB parts thin on ground but will dig or provide something on request. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete