Saturday 27 February 2010

Olympic hopefuls or just F’ing spoilt?

So you can tell by the title that I have been running again, the weather conspired against me cycling today but my fitness was the winner when I decided to run.  I remember JD always said to me that running is 2:1, meaning that 1hr running is worth 2 hrs of cycling.  Well today I managed a 2hr and 3min run.  The distance wasn’t great but that was more down to me having to run through 8 inches of snow for large parts of the run as I stupidly chose to run part off road and the snow up here has by been bad.
In the snow today I tried these debrisgators, I found them in run4it during the week and I sometimes get stones in my shoes and thought they might prevent that but they even stopped the snow coming in.  At £10.00 an absolute bargain.















But, back to the title, I really don’t know if these kids were to be commended today on condemned.  I always love ingenuity and inventiveness but this took it to a whole new level for me.  I was running to the back of Kilmacolm when I saw some kids out sledging.  Thought to myself, bugger me that’s a big sledge, could even be a bobsleigh, but then it was out of sight as I rounded the corner.  As I continued my run there is was coming down the hill and yip it was big, that’s because it was one of these!!








A bloody boat just like this as a sledge, GENIUS!!!  They were going at a fair rate of knots as well, let’s hope they had permission!  I just wish I had my phone with me to take a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment