Wednesday 24 February 2010

TT

Wee photo of a couple of lovely bikes getting an outing in the cold on Saturday.  The Felt won by nearly 3 mins. I blame the setup myself and the importance of getting the crank length correct.  I went down to 175mm to attempt to spin. They felt awful for me as I am used to 177.5mm so I now have a used once set of Sram Red carbon cranks in 175mm for sale.  Soon to be listed on Ebay if anyone fancies them.















I don't have a huge drop either from saddle to pads, I run 13cm on my summer bike but whilst this looks a lot less the assumed contact points are similar to where my body would be on the drops on my summer bike which feels perfect.  It still didn't feel right, but it shows the importance of getting dialled on the TT bike and spending time working hard on it.  Gordon has perfected his position over a few years and he looks super comfortable and aero on it.

We will have another in 4 weeks or so and hopefully we will get more people and good weather again.

No comments:

Post a Comment